Thursday, December 28, 2006

Khmer Christmas!!!





Dec. 27th, 2006

Poipet Update!!!

Well I know this is late but hey, “Merry Christmas!”
I seriously pray you all had a great Christmas with your family and friends!
I spent Christmas day in Thailand at the beach, man was it sweet!!
Our International Church had a candle light service on the 24th, and on the 25th we had Christmas dinner with everyone involved in the ministry. I won’t lie to you, I ate enough for 3 Khmer men!!!

This last month in Cambodia has been wild!! We saw 35 people give their lives to Jesus and all 4 of our churches grew substantially, praise God! The Lord has truely been blessing the work in Poipet!
Our youth group is growing tremendously and many of our churches in the rural areas are growing in their faith big time!
Many of the people that we have been ministering to in the Aids clinic are recovering supernaturally, thank you Jesus!

I had the priveledge of having Tim Lindberg work with me this past month and man, we had a lot of fun teaching people the word of God!
He will be in Poipet until the 15th of January and then heads home to Canada. All 20 of the young Khmer men that he became close friends with will miss him a lot!
Tim and myself were actually able to take a road trip for a week and saw most of the country, it was awesome!! We rode on the roof racks of mini-vans, in pickup trucks full of pigs, buses with puking kids ect., you get the idea!!
We checked out the 1,000 yr old temples of Siem Reap, the killing fields and the S21 prison of Phnom Phen, and swam with the fish off the coast of Sihinoukville!
It was a very memorable trip as a 5 foot long white snake fell out of a tree on me as we hiked over a mountain!!!! Until that moment Tim had been super cool, but then he kind of lost it!!! No ones perfect!!!

In January I will be helping to lead the annual VBCI North Trip which is always a lot of fun. In February I will be off to Nepal to preach the Gospel in the Himalayas with a team from Sriracha. Were all supposed to be in training as the elevation is for real a killer!
In March I am back in Thailand teaching Church History at the Bible school and in May, I have the opportunity to go to Malaysia to preach at a Conference.

So yeah the future is very exciting and I am just pumped to see what God is going to do as we press in to know Him and the power of his ressurection!

I pray you all have a sweet New Year and will continue to delight yourselves in the Lord!! He is so good! His goodness leads me to repentence for real!!!!
Bless you,

JR#33

1 comment:

Shannon said...

nice pics: beautiful sunset, i've NEVER seen a tree like that!!!, and the people and everything... just looks awesome.

glad to hear your work there is growing and the work that God is doing there. i'll keep your ministry in my prayers.

the white snake would ummm definitely get to me. lol