Friday, May 11, 2007

Financial Matters!!





Somethings that I rarely talk about in my emails/blogs ect., are things like; - personal issues, struggles, and.... money!!!
Today I choose to give you a brief update on the later!

On average I recieve 1,350 CDN dollars a month for the ministry and personal expenses in Poipet.
All of my money goes through 'A and D World Missions' and all donors recieve a tax deductible receipt.

My expenses include - tithe, food, lodging, travel, accomodating teams/guests, motorbike repairs/gas, church expenses, paying workers, Thai Visa's, personal items ect.

In the next few weeks we are hoping to purchase some land on the outskirts of Poipet for a church. A 20metre by 8metre piece of land is around 1,500 US dollars. We are hoping to buy a few sections to accomodate a church of at least 100 plus people.

We are also looking at renting a building on the main road of Poipet for a church as well. The cost of renting a building on the main road is around 300 US dollars a month.

Next week when I return to Poipet we are going to purchase a 'Gong by' which is a Cambodian version of a taxi. Its an old-school motorbike hooked up to a sidecart that has little benches to sit on and usually a sketchy roof.
We will be using this to transport beleivers to and from meetings, and to provide a job for a church member.
A 'Gong by' costs 1500 US dollars.

Boosapaul, a 55 year old Khmer man with a wife and 3 children, works with me full time. He translates for me on a daily basis, preaches in church, visits the Aids patients with me and runs things when I am away. Pretty much whatever I am doing in Poipet, Boosapaul is usually right beside smiling and loving those who we minister to! He is a gem and I really can't imagine serving in Poipet without him. He has became one of my best friends.
I pay Boosapaul a monthly salary of 120 CDN dollars ( A fair wage in Cambodia. My first year in Cambodia I never paid him and he was as faithful then as he is now!)

Other major expenses are going on ministry trips( Ex. Nepal, Phillipines ect.) These trips are usually quite costly as we often have to fly and pay for lodging and food once we arrive.

I tell you all of this so that you as supporters, know where your money is going, and what the major expenses are in the ministry.

Bless you and thanks again for your prayers and constant encouragement!

JR#33

The Khmer man in the pictures are Dr. Boosapaul!

1 comment:

Abbotsford Real Estate said...

Hey Joel,

God will take care of all your needs. Dare to dream bigger dreams.

Blessings,

Dave & Claire