Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Back in the Far East!




Brothers and Sisters in Christ!

How are you all doing? How was everyones summer?
I pray you are all blessed and prospering!
I just arrived back in Asia on Sunday after being in Canada for over two months this summer.
I had an amazing summer catching up with many of you and spent some quality time with my family.
It was a time of getting refreshed and for taking a breather from the full-on ministry in Cambodia.
Compared to 3 months ago, when I had Typhoid Fever and was honestly struggling, I am feeling great and am ready to preach the Gospel and makes disciples in Cambodia once again!! Praise God!

This fall is going to be busy as myself, Andrew and Katrina Stock and my Khmer leaders take on the challenge of overseeing an additional 30 home churches in an area 3hrs away from Poipet.

Besides our regular outreach to the local Aids Clinic, our English School, the street kids outreach, the music school and our different Church ministries, a team from Christian Life Assembly in Langley, B.C will be coming in November. I am very excited about this as it is always an honor to host a team from my home church and to get westerners plugged into the great commission in Asia!!

Also this summer 10 young men contacted me about wanting to serve the Lord in Cambodia, in the next 10 months.
Please be praying for these guys as they prepare to leave behind everything they know and lay down their lives in a difficult setting. I beleive God wants to radically change these guys and use them to do great things for the Lord.

I am leaving Thailand for Cambodia tomorrow so please be praying that the Lord gives me strength, wisdom, an increased annointing and a healthy fear of the Lord for this new season!!
I am really believing for a massive harvest of souls this next year and that we are going to start seeing more of Gods power as we minister!

If you feel led to support the work that God is doing in Cambodia, you can make Cheques payable to:

'A and D World Missions'
Box 26010 Centre Village Mall
Lethbridge, Alberta
T1H 6H4
Canada

*******FOR CURRENT AND FUTURE SUPPORTERS*******
PLEASE WRITE ON THE MEMO LINE- 'CAMBODIA' (For Income Tax and practical purposes- Thanks!)
**Pre-Authorized Debit can be arranged with A and D World Missions**
( You can phone them at (403) 380-3349 or (403) 380-3352 or email adworld@telusplanet.net)

God Bless you guys and thanks so much for your support!

Joel Reimer
(www.joelreimer.blogspot.com)

2 comments:

Orrie Walls said...

To Joel Reimer,

We have a mutual Jamaican friend by the name of Christine. She is currently attending my church and when she heard that I will be leaving to Thailand for two months she thought you would be a good person to contact to ask about missionary work even though you are currently serving in Cambodia.

I am traveling to Thailand for part vacation part volunteer missionary aid as I travel around. I have tried contact a number of missionaries that I found websites of but I have found that they are either no longer serving in Thailand or they do not reply.

If there is any organization, church, missionaries that you know that I could contact via email that would be most helpful. You can email me at: OrrieWalls@gmail.com

On a different note, I hope you enjoyed your visit to Canada. I have read a little of your blog and I believe that God has used you to do may great things. May you continue on seeking him for everything.

Cheers,
>Orrie Walls

pip said...

Hi Joel-

Good to discover some of your stories here! See you back in Poipet soon.