Thursday, October 07, 2010

Please Pray for Me!!

I just wanted all you guys who read this blog to be in prayer for me. For those of you who do pray for me, thanks a ton. God really does honor the prayers of a Righteous man! Your prayers are powerful and are a weapon against the plans of the enemy.
Last night I had a great talk with a spiritual father of mine. He confronted me about a few things, and though my face went red and it was difficult to take, I respect him a ton for having the godly courage to speak with me. I need to be a son in the faith cause I need to be accountable. I love it when people speak into my life and tell me where I need to shape up, especially when it’s done by those who love me and want what is best for me.
I want to go deeper in my relationship with Jesus Christ, I want to know God intimately and I desire Him to satisfy me in everyway. The Bible speaks about how we can walk in a Covenant relationship with the Lord, not just always relying on the mercy and grace of God.
We can walk in that marriage type relationship with our Lord and it’s there where we have authority, a greater anointing, intimacy, favor and blessing.
Whenever I step out to walk in this kind of relationship I feel like all hell breaks loose and I am tempted around every corner. The Word speaks about ‘ what I desire to do, I don’t do, and what I don’t want to do, I do.’ That seems to sum up my walk with God so often.
Please pray that God would empower me with His Spirit, and strengthen my faith by the Word, so that I can overcome the flesh, and all its desires, and walk in a Covenant relationship with the Lord. This is the cry of my heart, this is what I am desiring above all things. That Jesus would increase and I would decrease and God would be able to use me.
Please pray for me guys, I covet your prayers and can’t win this battle on my own.
JR

No comments: