Monday, November 21, 2011

Reimer's Update!!





Hello Friends!!! I pray you are all doing well!
This update is long overdue, sorry for leaving some of you hanging!!!

I’ll get right to it, I AM A MARRIED MAN!!!

On October 8th, 2011 I married Avin Leigh Houghland from White Rock, BC!!

The Lord blessed us with a gorgeous fall day, and a powerful ceremony where we felt the presence of the Lord!! God is so Good!! He answers prayer!!!!
We had an unreal honeymoon in Mexico, despite the hurricane that blew through our resort!!!!

We are now living in South Surrey off 152nd Street, and we are both working 4 nights a week at restaurants. I am also doing landscaping and construction during the days for friends whenever I can.

This also may come as a surprise to you, but I am no longer working with Victory Churches International. Before Avin and myself were married I made the transition from Victory Churches to the ‘Pentecostal Assemblies of Canada.’ As you can well imagine, after being with a ministry for 11 years, it was not an easy transition for all involved.

Avin and myself have both been approved as ‘ Global Workers’ with the PAOC and are now preparing to head back to Cambodia to serve the Lord.

We are planning to live in Phnom Phen, Cambodia for a year to study the language intensely and to serve in various ministries part- time. We also have the opportunity to teach and mentor young people at ‘Impact School of Missions’ in Bangkok, Thailand September 2012 and January 2013.

After our first year in Asia together, we are hoping to continue to plant Churches and make disciples wherever the Lord may call us in Cambodia.

We ask you to please be praying for us as we prepare to head back to the mission field.
Please pray that God would prepare us spiritually in Canada, that He would provide the necessary connections, and that He would provide the finances.

Please check out these sites for more information on how we can work together to see the Lord build His Kingdom.

www.paoc.org
www.paoc.org/donate/JoelAReimer

We would love to hear from you so please don’t be a stranger!! You can call me at 1-604-832 2603 or email me at joel_reimer@hotmail.com

Blessings

Joel and Avin Reimer

www.myspace.com/joelareimer

2 comments:

Team AC said...

Sounds great, Joel!! I am so excited for all these amazing changes in your life right now, and so happy that you and Avin got married. She's a quality girl!

Andrew and I are still in Oz, but are going to Thailand for a month starting in 2 weeks from now. We will be there for Christmas, and are going to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, and all the little islands around there. Any recommendations you might have would be great (corinnanairn@gmail.com).

We were hoping to go see Ricky Sanchez's ministry, but found out now that it's a few hours out of Bangkok (where we'll be), so not sure what to do about that now... I've heard that renting scooters is in Bangkok is a death-wish!

K, gotta fly... talk soon.

~Corinna

thor hansen said...

Congratulations on your marriage. I was packaging a postcard which we sold today (we sell vintage postcards on Ebay) and on the back were some jokes you sent to Boy's Life magazine. I wanted to see if you grew up to be a comic.I see that you had a joke in one issue (Google your name and Hong Kong; the three on this card were apparently not chosen. Keep your sense of humor.