Sunday, December 07, 2008

Ministry and Malaysia!






Friends and Family members!! How is everyone doing? I have been "Off the Radar" for a while but it seriously hasn't been on purpose! Sorry if that was a problem for any of you.
Sometimes the ministry gets pretty intense and I just dont have the time to check my email account! My bad, please have mercy on a brother!
The CLA team was just in town for 2 weeks and they were a tremendous blessing! Lacey Holcombe and Keela Keeping made up the team and they did everything from putting on a Womens Conference, to teaching English, preaching, teaching Sunday School, fixing my computer, making me laugh ect.!!
For the first week that they were in Poipet it was full on ministry on a daily business and despite the girls sufferring from jet-lag, they handled their new settings very well.
They visited many of our homegroups with me and my ministry team and ministered to our homegroup members in many ways, praise God!
They also went with me to 'Morrisay' where we have 13 homechurches. We had a meeting with many of the youth from those homegroups and I taught from 2 Timothy and encouraged them to preach the Word and make a difference for the Lord.
At Morrisay these girls had a true cross-cultural experience living in a traditional Khmer house, and eating genuine Khmer food while sitting cross legged on a wooden floor with 20 other people! It was great!

The 2nd week of their trip I took them to Siem Reap and Phnom Phen where they learned about the history and culture of Cambodia (and at the same time did quite a bit of shopping!) Donna Haas from my Bible School in Thailand also accompanied us on our trip across the country and she was an awesome blessing to me and the girls.

2 Weeks ago we saw over 20 people recieve the Lord in 'Gaw Brahm' and 2 young boys in particular were especially attentive and hungry for the truth while we preached the Gospel.

Also our Victory Church Vball team won a Christian Tournament in Siem Reap a month ago, we were pumped! We went down there with our players and another Church team in our truck! 23 people in total travelled 3 hours down the worst road in Cambodia! It was an adventure forsure! Many of the young men on our team were not even Christians but there was a meeting where the Gospel was shared during the tournament and we are believing for their Salvation.

A Philipino Team also came to visit us for 2 days recently and they shared in our church Service and visited the Aids Clinic.
A group of missionaries from Thailand also came recently for a Visa Run/Ministry trip and the also shared in our church and were a real blessing.

I am off to Malaysia on the 14th for Youth Conference so please be praying for me as I share with the Youth in Penang for a week. They are Chinese Youth and there should be over 200 of them at this conf. Pray for a powerful annointing to preach the truth and to see the broken hearted binded up and for these youth to go deeper wtih God!

Blessings
JR

1 comment:

Team AC said...

wow Joel, thanks for sharing... your blogs are always so encouraging... I totally support what you're doing over there! Keep up the good work.
~Corinna