Thursday, December 23, 2010

Celebrate the Birth of Christ!!

This season, unlike everything that western culture has made it to be, is to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ! The whole story is so mind-boggling when you really think about it!! We have gotten so used to hearing the 'story' of the birth of Christ that I believe we have lost the 'Awe' factor!! How it all came to be that God, was born to a Virgin, in the middle of no-where, and God himself chose to let the most unlikely people know that it was occurring is just so cool! Hollywood would never have dared to write a script like the script that was written surrounding Jesus coming to earth! It would have seemed to far fetched!!
I realize more and more that I desperately need a saviour to save me from myself and my wicked inclinations and a God who also is able to love me and be gracious towards me like a good father who sees the best in his off-spring!
I want to wish all of you a blessed Christmas and my prayer is that you would fall more and more in love with Jesus Christ and may we all just surrender to His ways and live life abundantly!!
JR

No comments: